As a parent, it is completely normal for you to get your kids involved in sporting activities to be strong, hearty, and fit for what’s to come in the future.
Paintballing is a fun sport that today’s kids will find excitement and peer group experiences. If you wonder whether or not the game of paintball is suitable and safe for kids, then you’ve come to the right spot for answers.
Paintball for kids can elicit excitement in kids, especially if they play with their schoolmates or friends. Thankfully, sellers of paintball accessories and gears have different sizes of accessories and gears, including those that will fit your kids.
With a group of friends, a vivid imagination, and protective gear, paintballing can be a recreational game for your kids. And because the game is very safe for your kids, if you have teenagers in your house, you can bring them along.
Let’s see how the game is playing and what the coaches say-
Paintball And Kids Safety
Paintball is one of the sports that uphold the issue of safety to high esteem. Whether young or old, field managers have safety measures in place to protect players. Plus, there are trained staff members and referees on the field, always looking out to ensure kids comply with the rules of the game.
Besides, engineers, chemists, technicians, and specialists who manufacture the supplies used for paintball ensure they are tested and meet minimum standards before distributing to retailers.
The safety gears designed for paintball are also safe for kids to use. To guarantee their safety when they face their opponents, ensure you purchase a good paintball gun with some ammo and fuel. Also, consider purchasing a quality pair of goggles or a mask to protect their face from paintball sting.
The next thing is to get them paintball-specific outfits and pants. On no account should you allow them to wear short sleeves that won’t cover their arms?
Additionally, there are paintball-specific boots designed for kids. Take advantage of this to protect their feet from sustaining injuries. Get them the appropriate size of boots so that they won’t be uncomfortable as they run around chasing after their opponents.
Paintball Tips For Kids
Before your kids hit the field to play paintball, let them observe the following tips very strictly so that they won’t sustain any injury while playing:
- Kids should not be afraid of the game because the sting from paintball hurts less than most people think. Thankfully, there are paintball gears for kids that you can purchase for them to keep them protected. Even when they sustain bruises, it is part of the game and would only make them stronger. After one way for your kids to sharpen their skill level is to be involved fully in the game.
- Urge your kids not to pull off their masks as they play. Although the mask would make them uncomfortable during the early stage when they start playing, they will start getting used to it with time. Pulling off their mask will expose their face to injuries and sting from paintball, but the field authorities may also ban them from playing further for playing against the rule.
- Urge them to fire their paintball gun directly at their opponent. That is an important tip your kids need to adhere to. There are several paintball guns for kids on the market for you to purchase for them to defend themselves against their opponents.
- Fill their air canisters with enough air that would sustain them throughout the game. In case they run out of the air, you should make provision for re-filling. Re-filling shouldn’t be an issue since most field manager can help you with re-filling for a token.
- If they plan to play for a tournament, let them train continuously for at least two weeks with their friends to improve their skills.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you still wondering with some questions in the head, take a look at these FAQs, you may find answers to what is bothering you.
Is there a paintball age limit for kids?
Paintball for kids can be an interesting adventure; however, players must be at least 12 years old to play the game. If any of your kids are not up to 12 years, he/she can still play the game so far you can convince the field manager of his/her suitability.
Will players be requested to sign a consent form?
Of course, signing a consent form is part of the requirement before any kid can play paintball. If your kids are below the mandatory age requirement, you, as the parent, may have to countersign the form to approve.
Are parents required to be on the field?
Yes, parents are encouraged to be on-site while their kids get going with the game. The moment your kids see you seated and watching, their morals would be very high to eliminate their opponents.
What should my kids wear to play paintball?
Kids paintball is a fun game that can make your kids and their friends share a lovely moment. Before they start playing, ensure you dress your kids in camouflage coveralls and safety gear, including gloves, masks, and vests to hold their valuables.
What if my kids pull off their masks during paintball?
We always encourage parents to urge their kids not to remove their masks during paintball. Pulling off the mask is very dangerous, as they may lose their eyesight.
Paintball is not only meant for adults. It is for everyone – from college kids, women, girls, boys, friends, scouting groups, church groups to office buddies, fire department, and recreational youth organizations.
Today’s kids find fulfillment and excitement playing paintball, so you should allow them to express their joy and happiness with their peers. Waste no time, gather your kids and grab their gears, and have some fun.
Is there any question still bothering you for answers? Feel free to shoot your query in the comment section.