Choosing The Best Automatic Paintball Gun
Whether you’re an amateur paintball player or you’re trying to start your paintball game, you’ll need a new paintball marker someday. There are many paintball guns in the market, and finding the best automatic paintball gun for your next challenge may be overwhelming.
Well, you don’t need to work yourself up. We’ve done extensive research on all the options available to you.
This guide will show you the incredible features, pros, and cons of 8 great paintball markers.
You’ll come across the five best fully automatic paintball guns and the three best semi-automatic paintball markers. Also, we’ve included a detail-oriented buying guide that will help you make that game-changing gun for your next challenge. We’ve also provided a maintenance guide that will help you rock your paintball marker for a very long time.
Besides, we’ve provided answers to several frequently asked questions in the paintball gun market.
Grab an iced coffee and a bag of popcorn. You’re about to go through the best full automatic paintball gun review on Larry Page’s Google. Let’s get started.
- LANCER TACTICAL GEN. 2 CARBINE
- TIPPMANN TMC MAGFED PAINTBALL MARKER
- TIPPMANN CRONUS PAINTBALL BALL GUN PACKAGE
- TIPPMANN CRONUS TACTICAL PAINTBALL MARKER
- TIPPMANN 98 CUSTOM PLATINUM SERIES PAINTBALL GUN
- LANCER TACTICAL GEN. 2 CARBINE 10″ AEG LT-19 AUTOMATIC GUN
- ACTION VILLAGE KINGMAN SPYDER EPIC PAINTBALL GUN PACKAGE KIT (VICTOR)
- MADDOG TIPPMANN CRONUS TACTICAL TITANIUM PAINTBALL MARKER
- TIPPMANN A-5 .68 CALIBER PAINTBALL MARKER
- BUYING GUIDE
- TYPES OF PAINTBALL GUNS
- WHAT’S A FULL AUTOMATIC PAINTBALL GUN?
- HOW DOES AN AUTOMATIC PAINTBALL GUN WORK
- ADVANTAGES OF AUTOMATIC (ELECTRONIC) PAINTBALL GUNS
- DISADVANTAGES OF AUTOMATIC (ELECTRONIC) PAINTBALL GUNS
- AUTOMATIC PAINTBALL GUN MAINTENANCE
- Frequently Asked Question
LANCER TACTICAL GEN. 2 CARBINE
Want a quick recommendation? Let us save you the stress and time of going through our listed products. Here is a one-time shopping recommendation for your buying spree.
Lancer Tactical LT-19 comes out as our recommended best fully automatic paintball gun. An electronic marker uses 9-volt rechargeable batteries and microchips to shoot the paintballs with a single trigger pull. It is highly customizable and has an FPS selector for changing your shooting speed. It’s an absolute bummer.
Following this gun closely is the Tippmann 98 Custom Platinum Series Gun. Scroll down to the fifth gun on our reviews
TIPPMANN TMC MAGFED PAINTBALL MARKER
- Made from premium platinum materials
- Easy to use and handle
- Dual feeder system
- Highly customizable
- Authentic military simulation feel
Ever wondered if simulation could feel real. You’re close to your imagination with this realistic paintball gun.
- Our ReviewTippmann TMC Magfed Paintball Marker is one of the newest simulation guns from Tippmann Sports. It is a reliable and durable tactical marker that is made from high-quality platinum materials. It features a high-performance inline bolt that improves your shooting accuracy and efficiency.
- Every paintball shooter wants it easyTMC Magfed has excellent easy-to-use features like rubberized finger-molded grip, two adjustable sights (front and rear), and an adjustable trigger. These features boost manoeuvrability during gameplay, increase shooting accuracy, and add an aesthetic view to the gun.
- The Magfed! Let’s talk about it.This Tippmann automatic paintball gun comes with two feeder systems—a traditional loader and two magazine feeders. The magazine feeders are some key highlights of this paintball marker.
- Here’s the deal:Each magazine feeder in this gun is a 20-round spring-driven feeder. They allow you to load 40 rounds of paintballs—a number that makes you play like a military Pro. You can also add more paintballs to the traditional loader to enjoy a superb combo of the new and old.
- One more thing:Tippmann Sports sells many aftermarket accessories that make their paintball markers highly customizable. Guess what? TMC comes with available Picatinny rails for adding these accessories. It is also easy to maintain this gun.
Pros and Cons
- It has two 20-round magazine feeders
- Full automatic and pneumatic paintball gun
- High performing inline bolt system
- Dual feed option
- Authentic military simulation feel
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Shots off last round.
TIPPMANN CRONUS PAINTBALL BALL GUN PACKAGE
- 200-round Grammy feed loader
- Easy to use for features
- GenX Stealth Anti-fog mask
- Extremely lightweight
- High performance, yet low maintenance
Think about the word “all-in-one,” and you’ll be talking about none but Tippmann Cronus Paintball Marker.
- Our ReviewTippmann Cronus Gun player Package is a high-performing auto paintball marker that is renowned for incredible durability. It features a high-impact inline bolt system that makes it a reliable simulation gun.
- For the competitionAlso, the body of this gun is made from premium composite materials with soft molded rubber grips for excellent control and manoeuvrability. It also features a ported barrel that makes it great for competitive fast shooting.
The barrel has an A5 thread that suppresses the sound and flash of your shots. This automatic paintball marker comes with multiple Picatinny rails for quick and easy custom modifications.
- The Gun Player PackageThis gun gives you an automatic paintball gun kit, including seven paintball harnesses and six paintball guns. It also features an adjustable FPS (Feet per Second) gauge that provides the shooter with different shooting speeds. It comes with a Maddog 20 Oz. CO2 tank and a GenX Stealth Anti-fog paintball mask.
- You won’t believe thisDespite these features, the Tippmann Cronus Gun Player paintball marker is exceptionally lightweight.
Pros and Cons
- Easy to control and play with
- Has threaded barrel
- Anti-fog paintball marker
- Adjustable FPS selector
- Highly customizable
- No con
TIPPMANN CRONUS TACTICAL PAINTBALL MARKER
- Robust internal arrangement
- Customizable features
- Removable carry handle
- Mock silencer
- Long-distance shooter
Here comes the fashion brand paintball marker! A beauty and a best.
- Our ReviewTippman Cronus Tactical Paintball Gun is designed to meet the needs of paintball shooting newbies and amateurs. Although it has many plastic parts, it is sturdy, battle-tough, and durable. It has a high-performing inline bolt system that can fire a paintball across 50-yards. It also has superior shooting accuracy due to a robust internal material arrangement.
- Here’s the kickerUsing this gun is exceptionally comfortable. It comes with an ergonomic vertical grip that gives the shooter multiple grip positions on the marker. The grip comes with sturdy non-slip rubberized finger groves that enhance shooting flexibility.
- This is a notable featureThis Tippmann gun comes with a customizable stock that makes it easy to carry, maintain and store. It also gives you that travelling option. In addition to the customizable stock, the gun also features Picatinny rails that allow you to add other aftermarket Tippmann Sports accessories. Also, it comes with a removable carry handle for easy movement.
- Just beauty!This Cronus marker also features a mock silencer. The mock silencer has an inbuilt front sight that increases the shooter’s shooting accuracy. However, it doesn’t reduce the flash or sound of your shots. It is an aesthetic feature that is included to make your rifle a beautiful bride.
- One more thingIt is easy to clean and maintain.
Pros and Cons
- Enhanced vertical grip
- Durable and reliable
- Easy to use, store and maintain
- Non-slip rubber grip
- Many customizable accessories
- Lightly heavy
TIPPMANN 98 CUSTOM PLATINUM SERIES PAINTBALL GUN
- E-trigger kit
- Anti-chop Technology (ACT)
- Cyclone Feeder
- Split receiver design
Are you looking for a paintball marker that will grow with you? Look no more! Here’s what you’ve been searching for.
- Our ReviewTippmann 98 Custom Paintball Gun is another Tippmann fully automatic paintball guns that will give you enough room to grow as your game does without needing a new paintball. This gun is made from high-quality platinum materials that make it durable and reliable. Besides, it is a mechanical full auto paintball gun that delivers on every paintball shooting needs.
- A Tech-savvy Gun98 Custom Marker comes with an E-trigger kit that gives you a whopping five different firing modes—semi-auto, auto-response, full-auto, 3-shot burst, and turbo. You can switch from one firing mode to another by pressing one button. This E-trigger kit significantly increases the shooter firing power.
- Heard about Anti-Chop Technology (ACT)?This marker comes with a proven inline bolt system that includes the popular anti-chop technology. This technology prevents the paintball from any forward movement of the bolt that would break it. If there’s any obstruction in the gun chamber, the ACT technology will detect it and stop the bolt from moving forward. This increases your paintball efficiency and automatically maintains your gun.
- Fifteen balls in one second!This gun uses a cyclone feeder system that reduces paintball jamming and breakage in your rifle. In addition, it allows you to shoot a whopping 15 paintball in one second. Besides, it also has a wide mouth 200-round hopper that increases your shooting time.
- Grow with your gunTippmann 98 Custom ACT gun is straightforward to customize. It has a unique split receiver design that allows you to quickly uncouple the gun and install internal upgrades. It also features a Picatinny rail for external customization. With these customization options, you can grow with your weapon.
Pros and Cons
- Easy to use and maintain
- Highly customizable
- Paintball efficiency
- Multiple shooting modes
- Durable and long-lasting
- Too many customization options for a small budget
LANCER TACTICAL GEN. 2 CARBINE 10″ AEG LT-19 AUTOMATIC GUN
- Rechargeable batteries
- Retractable crane stock
- Fully automatic
- Multifunctional rail system
- 300-rounds Mag feed
Simply outstanding! There’s no better description for this paintball marker.
- Our ReviewLancer Tactical LT-19 is one of the best fully automatic paintball markers you’ll find around. It comes with an exciting list of features that will make anyone a pro paintball shooter. It is made with high-quality ABS plastic materials reinforced with premium nylon, making it a durable marker. It can withstand harsh conditions and keep your internal parts safe.
- ElectrifiedThis Lancer gun is an automatic electric gun (AEG) that uses two simple rechargeables, 9.6 V Nunchuck batteries with a charging stopper once fully charged. It has an adjustable crane stock that gives you easy access to the batteries. This gun utilizes low resistance wiring to prevent any possible damage from its high voltage batteries.
- Ready for a custom marker?This AEG comes with a highly functional rail system. The rail system includes seven rails. The Picatinny rails have 7-line essential mods for rail panels, two removable 6-rib rail sections, and one removable 10-rib rail section for mounting numerous modifications and accessories. It also features a 20 mm Picatinny optic rail for mounting magnified scopes and red dots sights.
- Extremely TechnicalThis AEG is a great gun for both indoor and outdoor simulation games. It comes with a quick change spring gearbox for changing your FPS on a whim. It also has a 6.03 mm tight bore that combines with its ported piston head to give you superior range and shooting accuracy.
It also two upgraded gearboxes that have modern 8 mm ball bearings for better efficiency. In addition, it has an upgraded motor and teeth (along with the cylinder) that make it move faster. Also, it has a metal inner barrel that makes it highly accurate at even longer targets.
- One more thingLancer AEG LT-19 has a high-capacity magazine feeder that can hold 300 rounds in one shooting spree.
Pros and Cons
- Highly customizable
- Outdoor and indoor adaptations
- Extremely accurate over long distance
- High capacity feeder
- Hard to disassemble
ACTION VILLAGE KINGMAN SPYDER EPIC PAINTBALL GUN PACKAGE KIT (VICTOR)
- Quick stop top cocking bolt
- Tool-free gear plug
- X-ray mask
- Stacked tube blow-bag design
- Short and light
You asked for a bestseller semi-auto paintball marker, and we’ve found your spec. Do you still have doubts? Our reviews will convince you.
- Our ReviewKingman Spyder Paintball Gun is a bestselling semi-automatic paintball marker for entry-level paintball players. It is made from high-quality materials that make it durable and dependable for play. It features a stacked tube blowback design that makes it gas efficient and reliable for tournament play.
- Simplified MaintenanceAction Village Epic Paintball Gun comes with a tool-free gear plug that makes it easy to disassemble, clean, and maintain. It also features a quick stop top cocking bolt that allows you to disassemble the gun for maintenance within five minutes. No significant technical expertise is required to do this.
- Ergonomic DesignThis gun is shorter and lighter than most semi-automatic and fully automatic paintball guns. It also features a finger-molded rubber grip for easy handling and playing flexibility. It is designed for all the comfort you’ll need.
- A Valuable Package KitKingman Spyder also comes with a loaded package kit that includes an X-ray mask. The X-ray mask is a double-google mask that is designed for complete playing safety. It has a soft foam
lining that allows you to wear it for a very long time. It also has anti-fog properties and a chin strap for easy removal when you’re not playing.
- That’s not allThis semi-auto paintball gun also comes with a 4+1 harness that carries its 4 round pods and refillable CO2 tank. The harness has adjustable velcro straps that make it perfect for anyone. There’s one cleaning squeegee in the package kit.
Pros and Cons
- Easy to disassemble
- Easy to use and maintain
- Adjustable velcro straps for everyone
- Barrel cleaning squeegee
- Ergonomic design and size
- Hopper is unreliable
MADDOG TIPPMANN CRONUS TACTICAL TITANIUM PAINTBALL MARKER
- Multi-accessories package
- Rugged composite body
- Incredible inline gas system
- 200-round capacity feeder
- Safety certified anti-fog mask
All-in-one! I hope you’re ready to get more than you bargained for? Let’s get started!
- Our ReviewMaddog Paintball Gun is a semi-automatic paintball marker that combines durability, reliability, versatility, and high performance in one piece. This gun features a proven inline bolt system and a rugged composite body for high-impact situations.
- Enhanced ComfortThis Cronus paintball marker comes with an incredible inline gas system and molded rubber grips for enhanced comfort, control, and manoeuvrability. In addition, this paintball gun is highly customizable and highly lightweight. It comes with four Picatinny rails to mount an assortment of enhancement accessories for a better playing experience.
- Free AccessoriesTitanium accessory package includes
A refillable CO2 tank.
A safety-certified anti-fog paintball mask.
A 200 round capacity paintball loaders even. Seven paintball pod harness six.
Six standard paintball pods.
A good barrel squeegee for maintenance.
Cronus Maddog Titanium is easy to clean, maintain and store.
Pros and Cons
- Highly customizable
- Free accessories
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Anti-fog mask
TIPPMANN A-5 .68 CALIBER PAINTBALL MARKER
- Durable aluminium body
- Removable sling
- Cyclone feeder system
- Shock absorbing cap
- Quick disassembling
Tippmann A-5 Marker is another revolutionary paintball marker from Tippmann Sports.
- Our ReviewThis marker features a high-quality aluminium body that makes it durable. It also comes with an excellent inline bolt system and an 8.5-inch high-quality ported barrel that reduces the noise that comes with each shot during play. The ported stock barrel also improves the overall accuracy of the gun.
- A good companionTippmann A-5 also features two removable sling mounts (front and rear) that make it easy to carry and play with.
- The Cyclone ShootingA5 uses a patented Cyclone Feed System that gives the paintball player an incredible shooting speed. This feeder system is connected to the air system of the gun to release paintballs quickly. This feeder system is connected to a 200-round, low-profile, wide-mouth hopper that increases your gameplay time. This gun can fire 15 balls per second. Also, it has recoil-impact wear protecting shock-absorbing end cap.
- Maintenance on the go!Tippmann A-5 is a lightweight paintball gun that features a tombstone connection that allows you to disassemble the weapon within 60 seconds. This makes it extremely easy to fix, clean, and maintain even during gameplay.
- Your Custom OptionsLike any other Tippmann Sports paintball gun, A-5 is highly customizable. You can upgrade it to a multiple firing modes gun using a specific e-grip selector kit. Also, you can mount many aftermarket accessories on its Picatinny rails to make a high-performing personalized paintball gun.
Pros and Cons
- Lightweight and durable
- Cyclone speed system
- Can fire 15 balls per second
- Has multiple firing modes
- Easy to disassemble, clean, and maintain.
- The barrel cannot be customized
The weight of a paintball marker can significantly affect the playing experience of a paintball shooter. One of the critical essentials of an excellent simulation game is manoeuvrability. It is easier to manoeuvre lightweight paintball markers in a simulation game. However, as a general rule, buy a paintball gun you can easily carry and play with.
Your Playing Style
Every paintball shooter has a personal playing style. Also, different simulation games are designed to meet various specific objectives. This could also affect the playing style. For example, you may want to practice shooting across long distances or shooting in rapid succession. It is advisable to buy a paintball marker that is adaptable to multiple playing styles.
Matters of Brand Reputation
The paintball marker market is highly competitive. There are many paintball marker brands out there. It is essential to know that a famous brand may not have a quality product. Although brand reputation is proportional to sound quality, some unpopular brands also produce quality guns. Always do a good market survey before you buy any paintball marker.
A highly customizable paintball marker will grow with you and your game. Furthermore, customization increases the quality of a paintball marker and makes it more durable. Look at the
Picatinny rails of a paintball marker before buying it. More rails will give you more customization options.
Several paintball markers come with added technology that allows you to change firing modes. Tippmann 98 Custom Paintball Marker is one of those guns. Check our reviews. These guns improve the variety of your firepower.
There are two types of paintball markers based on their power sources. Some paintball markers use rechargeable batteries to fire their paintballs. Lancer LT-19 on our reviews is a perfect example. Others use different carbon gasses to power their shots. Electric paintball markers are more efficient than gas-powering ones.
Ease of Maintenance
Most paintball markers are easy to clean and maintain. However, some paintball markers have special cleaning and maintenance instructions. Always read the manufacturer’s instructions to learn about how to clean your gun.
One paintball marker brand can produce different paintball markers that differ by unique specifications. Take note of your preferred marker’s specifications.
Every paintball marker goes for a competitive price. Cost is not always proportional to quality. Don’t buy a paintball gun because of its price alone. We can’t tell you the cheapest fully automatic paintball marker. We will advise you to stick to your budget for a semi-automatic paintball pistol. But always go for value before cost.
Customer Ratings and Reviews
Customer ratings and reviews give you valuable insight into the performance of a product. Always read customer reviews and compare them to the seller’s proposition. Learn from other people’s experiences.
TYPES OF PAINTBALL GUNS
There are three significant types of paintball guns—pump, mechanical, and electronic.
- Pump Paintball Guns
Pump paintball markers are the oldest type of paintball markers. These paintball markers are operated manually like the traditional shotgun. You need to pump it once for every single shot. Pump paintball guns are reliable. However, new players find it challenging to use them, especially in tournaments.
- Mechanical Paintball Guns
Mechanical paintball markers are the most popular paintball markers, especially amongst recreational players. Also, many mechanical paintball markers list among the cheapest paintball guns you’ll find around.
These guns are semi-automatic guns. You need only need to hit their trigger for each shot. If you hit their triggers multiple times in quick succession, you’ll have a shooting spree. Automatic paintball guns are easy to maintain, highly customizable, and reliable.
- Electronic Paintball Guns
Electronic paintball markers represent a new face in the simulation ecosystem. These guns utilize solenoids to fire. They use rechargeable batteries and control microchips. Most electronic guns are fully automatic, and they allow the paintball shooter to use different shooting modes. But they’re pretty expensive.
WHAT’S A FULL AUTOMATIC PAINTBALL GUN?
A complete automatic paintball marker is a paintball gun that uses battery-powered circuit boards to fire paintballs. These electrical circuits activate solenoids which are responsible for firing the paintball. These guns are not always permitted in tournaments. They have a fast shooting rate, and you only need to pull the trigger once to shoot many balls.
Complete automatic paintball markers are often designed with multiple firing modes. You can switch between the standard semi-automatic type to the fully automatic type by pressing one single button.
HOW DOES AN AUTOMATIC PAINTBALL GUN WORK
Automatic paintball guns run on computer programs that have been written on their motherboards. The trigger is programmed to continue shooting until it is released. Once the shooter hits the trigger, he will be firing shots until he leaves it.
ADVANTAGES OF AUTOMATIC (ELECTRONIC) PAINTBALL GUNS
Electronic paintball markers are more portable and easy to use than mechanical paintball markers.
Electronic paintball markers offer better shooting range and accuracy.
The triggers of automatic electronic paintball markers are highly flexible and computerized. You only need to pull it once to take multiple shots.
Fully automatic paintball markers are more versatile than their mechanical counterparts. These guns come with many firing modes that diversifying your shooting options and experience.
Electronic paintball markers are more pressure efficient than other types of paintball guns. You can shoot more balls with a single tank with these guns because they use lower pressure.
DISADVANTAGES OF AUTOMATIC (ELECTRONIC) PAINTBALL GUNS
Electronic paintball markers are more expensive than mechanical paintball markers. Fully automatic paintball markers are difficult to repair and upgrade.
These paintball markers also depend on a fully charged battery.
Most electronic paintball guns use compressed air instead of carbon dioxide tanks.
AUTOMATIC PAINTBALL GUN MAINTENANCE
No matter how much you bought your paintball marker, you’ll want to use it for a very long time. This won’t come without the cost of maintenance. You’ll learn the basics of cleaning and maintaining any automatic paintball marker in this section of our guide.
First, you need to look up your user manual and read about the manufacturer’s maintenance instructions. Every paintball marker comes with unique peculiarities. Your user manual will guide you on how to disassemble your gun, the tools you’ll need to do that, and the best oil for lubrication.
You’ll also learn how to clean and store your gun when you read the manufacturer’s instructions. These general guidelines will help you if you can’t find your user manual.
Cleaning your gun
Follow these steps:
Detach your CO2 or compressed air tank
Remove your gas tank and keep it in a cool, dry place before you start cleaning your gun. This will keep you from the hazards that come with handling a gas cylinder carelessly.
Disassemble your gun
You’ll need your user manual here. This can be very technical. Leave out the body of the gun if you don’t know how to go about this.
Start with the barrel.
Use a squeegee or toothbrush with soap and water to clean your marker’s barrel.
Be careful about the body.
Do a surface clean on the body of the gun. You can clean specific parts of the gun’s body if you successfully disassembled it.
Clean the grip
Clean the grip thoroughly but avoid touching the trigger if you don’t have enough expertise.
Look out for rust or breakages.
Keep your eyes on the O-rings and other nuts and bolts in your gun. Look at for rust and breakages, and where necessary, change faulty items.
Lubricate your gun
Oil lubrication is suitable for your gun, but you must be careful to use the correct oil. Always seek direction from the manufacturer’s instructions and avoid using unspecified oil brands.
Assemble your gun and store it in a safe, dry place.
Never forget these
You should build a habit of constantly cleaning your gun immediately after use. This will increase its longevity and efficiency. Run a quick clean and lubricate sensitive parts when you return from your games.
Also, take care of your customization accessories too. Always detach them from the Picatinny rails after use, clean them, and keep them in a safe place. Don’t forget to lubricate them where necessary.
Lastly, buy and upgrade these cleaning materials for your gun.
Frequently Asked Question
Are full auto paintball guns legal?
There are different regulations for the use of automatic paintball markers in other parts of the world. However, the general provisions seek to prevent a felony—where a child shoots another child with a paintball gun. Many regulations restrict paintball markers in recreational areas and game tournaments to prevent unsolicited public nuisance amongst young shooters.
Generally, these guns are legal.
Are Fully Automatic Paintball Guns Allowed in Arenas?
Many arenas restrict the use of fully automatic in halls because of the superior advantages to some players over others. Most arena tournaments still use mechanical paintball markers.
Is a Full Auto Paintball Gun is Better Than Semi-Auto?
No. The best automatic paintball guns and (best semi-automatic paintball guns) in our reviews are great options—walk through our buyer’s guide for more information.
Almost every paintball marker has some pros and cons. There’s no perfect fit. Find what is suitable for you and your game, buy it and learn how to use it.
Leave a comment below to let us know how your pick performed.